Employees of the federal government have the opportunity to show your support for the Marketplace. We just found out that we’ve been approved to participate in the 2012 Combined Federal Campaign of the National Capital Area! The Campaign kicks off this Saturday, September 1st.
The Combined Federal Campaign (CFC) is a yearly charitable giving drive for Federal employees. Across the country, 184 regions have their own Combined Federal Campaigns, connecting federal employees with local charities.
Washington’s Combined Federal Campaign of the National Capital Area is not only the nation’s largest CFC, it’s also “the largest workplace giving campaign in the world.” Last year, over 121,000 Washington Metropolitan area federal employees gave more than $64.5 million to D.C. area charities. The CFC’s director shares why the CFC is a great way for federal employees to donate:
- payroll deduction lets you spread your contribution across the entire year;
- it gives your charity a steady source of revenue throughout the year;
- it has low overhead costs, so more money goes to your charity;
- it is convenient for you (in most cases, you can pledge online) and your tax records, and;
- it shows all Americans that Federal employees care about our communities.
The Columbia Heights Community Marketplace CFC # is 62317.
Your donation will support programs like Festibucks -our nutrition assistance program providing thousands of dollars in fresh food to community members- and our Youth Market Garden.
We thank the federal employees who patronize our market, and hope you’ll consider supporting us through the 2012 CFC!
Not a part of the CFC? You can still donate to the Marketplace online. No matter the amount, your donation ensures that we can continue to operate a market that supports food access for all!